The 2023 edition will take place from August 21 to 26.
Registrations are open for the 2023 edition.
Two rowing events on the Canal du Midi
The ATPPR (Toulouse Pierre Paul Riquet Association) proposes two events from 21st to 26th of August 2023
The traditional Canal du Midi Rally which is celebrating its 40th edition and since last year L’Enduro Canal event!
In an exceptional tourist setting, you can participate in one or the other of these events that will take place over the same period but with different stages.
Canal du Midi Rally
Labeled Randon’aviron by the FFA (French rowing federation), this hike is done in a yolette whose crew is composed of 4 rowers, 1 helmsman and 1 cyclist minimum to 3 maximum to take turns and ensure its technical assistance (embarkation, disembarkation …).
The departure is in Port Lauragais and the 156 km of the course are punctuated by 39 locks that are crossed after docking, using adapted trolleys and transported on each yolette. The finish is in Béziers.
This level 2 hike requires good physical fitness and good rowing practice.
Created in 2022, Enduro Canal is a timed long-distance race, in skiff (not rented) or yolette.
The crew is made up of 6 people including a cyclist to take turns and provide technical assistance. The yolettes are equipped with a trolley to cross the locks.
The departure is in Toulouse and the 201 km of the course are marked out by 50 locks to be crossed on foot after docking. The finish is
It is a race where speed and performance should not make us forget the sporting values: team spirit, respect for others, respect for the site…
It is a race that is aimed at seasoned rowers at least 18 y.o. and requires to be up to date with medical obligations (certificate of non-contradiction to the practice of rowing in competition).
HERITAGE AND SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT
VNF (Voie Navigable de France) is a long-standing partner of our event. Originally, VNF was a logistical support and it still is! But the colored canker attacking the plane trees has arrived, and soon the superb vault of greenery will be just a memory.
Since 2014, the ATPPR has wanted to participate in the replanting of this magnificent waterway, which became a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1996. Thus the ATPPR donates to the sponsorship mission of VNF €10 per participant.
Follow the progress of this huge project on the site replantonslecanaldumidi.fr
The insurer MAIF is also a partner that has never given up. It has made it possible to offer the Rallye du Canal du Midi stamped t-shirt for many years and since last year has supported us in our Eco-Responsible approach, which has been in place for a long time by the ATPPR with selective sorting.
Today, disposable tableware is over and replaced by reusable ones.
The MAIF therefore supported us by financing its rental.
Sunday, August 20th :
- welcome of the participants, Allées Paul Sabatier in Toulouse, to finalize the registrations and receive the documents of the trip
participants arriving with their boats will be expected by a team in Toulouse and one in Port Lauraguais.
Monday, August 15th :
- appointment for all with your luggage, meet at 6:30 am Allées Paul Sabatier in Toulouse, where buses will take the Rally participants to Port Lauraguais, the participants in the Enduro staying on site to start from the nearby Port St
- A breakfast will be offered.
Two formulas are proposed :
- Complete: New CIS Lamourelle for the first 4 days and then in a hotel.
565€ and 305€ (under 25 Y.O.)
- Free: camping, cottage, bed and breakfast … reservation and payment at the expense of the participants who have opted for this formula.
135€ and 85€ (under 25 Y.O.)
(Read “Accomodations – Rates 2023”)
- Lunches, prepared by a caterer, will be served on the table by the organization’s team.
16€ per meal
- Evening meals and breakfasts will be taken at the accommodation for those who have chosen the complete formula.
- Labeled Rando Eco-Responsible, the ATPPR has set up the rinsing of dishes by everyone and selective sorting.
- For all participants : festive meal on Friday evening offered by the ATPPR.
Participants who have opted for free accommodation move on their own.
- At the arrival of the midday stage, whatever the type of accommodation, a shuttle will be organized to get to the place where the meal will be held.
- Buses will ensure the transfer of participants in full accommodation between the place of accommodation and the starting and finishing points of each stage.
- A team from the organization accompanies all the boats by bicycle from the towpath.
- This team assists in case of need and ensures the safety of crews and cyclists when crossing the roads, which cut the route of the canal.
- It ensures contact with all the official security services that may prove necessary.
- A care team is present at the start, at lunchtime and at the finish of the daily stage.
- It is in constant contact with the security team throughout the journey.
- It is essential to prepare physically.
(Read : « Prepare physically« ).
Conference on the history of the Canal du Midi given by the archivist of VNF at the place of accommodation (CIS Lamourelle à
Free guided tour of the city of Carcassonne (on registration).
Tasting of regional wines for €5 (on registration).
- A technical team helps with the maintenance and repair of boats and bicycles.
- It follows the route with a boat trailer and a bicycle trailer.
- On the last day, all crews participate in the cleaning of the boats and their loading on the trailers.
- Yolettes and bicycles are offered for rent, not skiffs for Enduro-Canal participants.
Package seat/trolley : 90€ per person 450€ for the whole boat (5 seats and 1 trolley)
Bicycle : 44€
Rules to be respected
Listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site, the Canal du Midi site is the subject of careful care by VNF (Voies Navigables de France).
We must respect :
- the people who co-exist there (tourists, lockkeepers, fishermen, boatmen ..), let’s not forget the rules of courtesy.
- its environment, no waste should be abandoned and we practice as much as possible the selective sorting.
We use equipment (boats, bicycles …) to which we must also pay attention, the exit and launching of boats are very often delicate.
As for the safety of all, this is one of our major concerns.
For all these reasons, it is required, for all crews, a pace traffic on the towpath.
(Read : « Rules« ).
REGISTRATION DEADLINE: MAY 15, 2023
Group participation is the rule.
One coordinator per group is appointed to manage the equipment whether rented or not. Rentals, if applicable, are entered by the coordinator on his registration form.
Each member of the group must enter a registration form.
The total amount displayed on the coordinator’s form includes the amount of rentals to be paid in a single payment, at the expense of the coordinator to distribute the cost among the participants in his group.
Individual registration is only possible for the Canal du Midi Rally.
The « I am on my own » box is to be checked, the participant will be integrated into a crew to be formed according to the registrations.
The capacity is limited to 120 people in full accommodation and 100 in free accommodation with meals
Téléchargez ici tous les documents nécessaires à votre préparation.